Looks like I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, by the lovely evaklaess. For those who don’t know, it’s one of those awards where nomination = awarding, so now I need to type out a few things before passing the hot potato onto another blogger whom I follow. Oh, the games we play in these social networks of ours! It’s amusing.
The rules are here, and to sum them up…
- Thanks Eva! Her blog is visible on the right, or you could visit http://evaklaess.wordpress.com/
- Uh-oh, I don’t follow 15 bloggers! Well, I’ll see what I can do to spread it around a bit with the few I do follow.
- Now, I’m to tell everyone 7 things about myself.
Those 7 things shall be:
- I am that friend – the one who makes his friends frequently spend a few hundred dollars for a thousand dollars’ worth of gear because he found a special deal, and it’s awesome stuff, and this shipment’s coming straight from Russia, dude! Or Chechnya. Or hell, sometimes it’s Colorado. The point is, if there’s a discount in it, I can’t resist organizing group buys on things which strike my fancy, and I am a dangerous friend for men whose wives look at their bank accounts.
- I’m staunchly a dog person, and don’t particularly like cats.
- I hate being in any kind of reduced mental state. The worst thing about being sick, to me, is not thinking clearly (I’ve been sick most of this past week, hence I took forever to write this!). I don’t take it to the extreme of avoiding caffeine and/or energy drinks, but I hate thinking “If only I weren’t screwed up right now I could solve that problem.” This is the reason I don’t drink, I avoid painkillers wherever possible, and I haven’t ever tried recreational drugs.
- I love well-done sci-fi horror movies, and am pretty annoyed that there’s been a dearth of good stuff in this category for a while now.
- From the earliest I can remember, my mother persistently pointed me towards Mr. Spock as my ideal role model. No, I am not kidding. I blame this for my fascination with applying statistical analysis to the inherently emotional field of erotica.
- As my Amazon author page indicates, I am a faceless cog in a large corporate machine in my day job. I avoid mixing my day job and my author lives at all costs, simply because of the number of erotica authors who’ve lost their jobs over being found out. There is no good outcome I could imagine from making that disclosure.
- I do NOT own the widget from “Merlin’s Magic Wang”, even though I occasionally get people asking me how to obtain it. Seriously, I don’t have it, don’t know how to get it, and wouldn’t want it even if I could get it. It didn’t work out so well for Jack in the end, after all.